CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Adding boxes"

Adding boxes

Drawing boxes around fields

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

Paul the painter

4-Mar-2018 16:51

When I insert a box around some fields I can align it neatly on the left and right side but the top and bottom lines will not match up to the fields. I have tried other line thicknesses.
Any ideas please?

bert

4-Mar-2018 20:02

You cannot get an Excel-table lookalike drawing around fields. That is an item left over on the ever composed wish list.
However, if you do not want to loose space for lines above and under b.e. one-line records there is a trick by playing with colours and fonts.
You can get nice effects:
- Default format font Arial 10 pt, change default screen colour to dark colour. (Tahoma works also well and others fonts)
- Change in every item in your format the font size one point smaller than the default format font.
- Let the background colour be light, in contrast to the format screen background.
Screen rewriting is a little slower then we are used to, but because the benefit I use this trick for years and years.
Perhaps this can comfort you a little.
Regards
Bert

stuart

13-Mar-2018 11:18

You can achieve the effect you are looking for my using background images. It means drawing the boxes you require onto images that you can then set as the background image and put the field on top of it. To create the images you'll need something like Adobe Illustrator or Paint Shop Pro and it's a bit fiddly but you'll get the result you are looking for.

stuart

13-Mar-2018 11:19

You can achieve the effect you are looking for by using background images. It means drawing the boxes you require onto images that you can then set as the background image and put the field on top of it. To create the images you'll need something like Adobe Illustrator or Paint Shop Pro and it's a bit fiddly but you'll get the result you are looking for.

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home