CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Creators update"

Creators update

Problems after Windows Creators update

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

Susan

27-May-2017 09:33

After the Windows Creators update it is no longer possible for me to install Cardbox. Has anyone found a solution?

John Francis

27-May-2017 10:51

No problems here. Cardbox appears to be working normally after creators update, I haven't tried reinstalling Cardbox, though.

bert

27-May-2017 11:17

Same. No problems on 5 computers.
However, I read more stories about the creator update that caused unwanted things.
Btw: tell us what goes wrong, on which moment, which message?
Regards
Bert

Susan

27-May-2017 11:54

The problem only occurs with reinstalling the software. After downloading and starting the cardbox-setup file, the screen for approval for installation is not accessible. It is only partially displayed.

bert

27-May-2017 12:32

1 First screen Cardbox Setup
Next
2 License agreement - check yes I agree
Next
2 Where to install
Next
3 Ready to install

If you want to see an approval screen - I cannot find one.

Perhaps UAC (User Account Control) tries to block something.
Run setup after download using right mouse click: run as administrator.
That can avoid approval screens (if you're allowed to...).
Hope this helps.
Regards
Bert

Susan

27-May-2017 14:10

Because English is not my native language I have not expressed myself clearly. I mean the screen of the license agreement. It is not possible for me to check yes I agree. With other software there were no problems what so ever. Only with Cardbox.

bert

27-May-2017 14:58

Which build you used in the old (which) Windows?
Did run as administrator not work?

Try this:
Go using Windows Explorer to c:\Program Files (x86)\ if this does not exist to c:\Program Files\
See in the list folder of Cardbox Client (Cardbox 3.0).
Rename that folder from Cardbox 3.0 to 'Cardbox 3.0x'.
If this is not possible, reboot first, try it after reboot again.
After renaming, run Cardbox Setup. Same problem? - rename the original folder back to 'Cardbox 3.0' en tell us again.
Regards
Bert

Susan

28-May-2017 06:59

The file is not existing because this was a clean install of Windows. I have other computers which had the creators update. Cardbox is still running without problems. There is only a compatibility problem with the setup procedure. The screen of the licence agreement is not accessible because it is distorted, so the setup procedure is not going further than that.
The build I used before was build 4408.
I hope there will be a solution.
Regards
Susan

bert

28-May-2017 08:06

Good to hear it is only one pc. PC related is seems.
Then I think there could be a nasty screendriver (find latest at manufacturers site) or a very active virusscanner. Switch it off during setup. And again: try to run it administrator (did this work....?)
Regards
Bert

Susan

28-May-2017 11:47

I have installed the latest screen driver. Even tried an older one too. I also have tried to switch off the virus scanner. Also did I run the setup as administrator and tried all the compatibility settings. This did not help either. Could it be settings in the bios? I agree this seems to be computer related. But I had no problems with older Windows builds before.
Regards
Susan

bert

28-May-2017 12:26

A workaround: rename the setup file to setup.zip. Open the zip file. You will see all needed files. Copy them to a new cardbox 3 folder in program files. Run then Cardbox3.exe and all will work. When Cardox is launcjed it will ask to make shortcuts. That is ok then. Should work.
Regards
Bert

Susan

28-May-2017 14:39

Problem solved, this worked. Thank you very much for your help. You have made my day.
Regards
Susan

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home