CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Specify field conversion"

Specify field conversion

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

kweimer

8-Apr-2016 22:23

Hello,
I specified a field conversion and save it. Unfortunately, it has some issues. I'm not having any luck deleting it, nor have I been able to enter a new saved conversion. As a result, I'm having to re-enter/link multiple field each time. Any chance anybody knows where the saved field conversions are located in the registry or program files so that this can be corrected? tks...

bert

9-Apr-2016 00:17

I do not understand your problem. If you specify an import conversion, you cannot miss the remove button for removing previous saved conversions.
There is one pitfall: you can only remove a conversion while doing a complete conversion. If you push cancel after removing a conversion, the action is not saved.
For changing an existing conversion: just click on the to change conversion, edit it, unlink/link fields, save the conversion, and the corrected conversion is saved. So careful reading the screen will give you what you want you want I think. It is not the most complicated part of Cardbox I think.

kweimer

9-Apr-2016 21:24

Perhaps I didn't explain the situation well. I have a specified field conversion that is incorrect. Using the Remove button removes the field conversion name, but the next time I go to import a file, it reappears. In otherwords, the Remove button removes the filename only for that instance. Next time I go to import, it appears again.

I have uninstalled Cardbox and re-installed and the same specified field conversion appears again when I import a file, leading me to believe that Cardbox is calling the field conversion data from somewhere other than the Cardbox install folder, perhaps the registry or the \user\*data folders*

bert

9-Apr-2016 22:44

"but the next time I go to import a file, it reappears." : As I wrote, it reappears alwaus when you remove a conversion + when you do **not finish the current** conversion.
The onversion is not stored in registry or in data folders. It is stored in the fmt file.
Regards
Bert

kweimer

10-Apr-2016 00:04

I might have been going down the wrong road the whole time. When you mentioned that the conversion is stored in the .fmt file I realize what was happening. I made one .fmt file, and since all the 100+ files I am importing have the same structure, I simply copied, pasted, and renamed the first fmt file which explains why the same conversion instructions kept coming up. Thanks for staying with this thread Bert!

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home