CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Read-only in Windows 8"

Read-only in Windows 8

Cardbox database in read-only mode in Windows 8

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

herman.cbx

2-Mar-2013 08:12

Since I installed Windows 8 on my computer databases of Cardbox (3.1) are in read-only mode. Now I cannot edit the databases anymore! Is there a patch to fix this problem?

thanks,
Herman

bert

2-Mar-2013 09:48

Did you install it using also Cardbox Server?
If yes, look at Cardbox Server tab "server", Access to databases.
regards
bert

herman.cbx

2-Mar-2013 12:48

no, I did not use Cardbox Server,

regards,
Herman

bert

2-Mar-2013 13:54

Basal check: is your database in Windows Explorer perhaps Read only...? Check also by Windows Explorer if you are owner of the file (you did copy it from somewhere to the Win 8 machine and are some owner properties copied to?

Is it possible to rebuild the database? If yes, do that.

Is there a profile added in the database? If yes, change to the "Master Profile" (File-User Profile).

If this does not help you, I am interested -when you have the r/o database on your screen- in "About Cardbox", "Technical information" (copy and paste it).

Regards
Bert

(in the consumer preview of Win8 I did not met problems)

herman.cbx

4-Mar-2013 08:19

Hi Bert,

I checked all your suggestions. The databases (they are on my D-drive, also used under Win7) are not protected by a profile. I checked several databases, also on other drives and even on my memorystick. Everything functions like the old Cardbox 3.0 Professional (with no licence) was installed: the Edit function is greyed-out.
This was for me the most important reason to remove Windows 8 and to reinstall Windows 7. After that the same databases worked fine again.
Bert, because I do not use Windows 8 anymore I cannot give you the Technical information.

Is there another Windows8 user with the same experience?

regards,
Herman

bert

4-Mar-2013 09:34

Did you install Cardbox Client with the latest (free of license) version?
If you install an old build without license, you also has only r/o permission!
regards
bert

herman.cbx

4-Mar-2013 10:21

I used Cardbox 3.1 (build 4405) free of licence
No serial number

(I do remember, that the red dot of macro recording was visible,)

regards,
Herman

mike001

20-Mar-2013 16:52

Can anybody confirm whether Cardbox 3.1 (build 4404), free of licence, will work correctly with Windows 8.
Thanks & regards,
Mike

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home