CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Need to move Cardbox Data"

Need to move Cardbox Data

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

Simon

27-Mar-2012 08:44

Hi

Hoping someone can help - Im pretty computer savvy but having problems with this

I converted from DOS Cardbox Plus to Cardbox 3 (windows) and it got a bit messy as I used my memory as the final destination for the data

So now Ive got the main cardvox operating system on my hard drive , and on the memory stick is:

Cardbox database
Cardbox format file - this is Cardbox fmt?

Are these the only 2 files I need to use/move or are there others

Also wheres the best place to move them to and when I boot cardbox up each day , do I have to tell it where to look or will it know automatically

Any help will be greatly received

thanks

simon

Juan

27-Mar-2012 10:22

I have a Cardbox directory and within it I keep the Database file and the FMT file. I keep the application file in the same directory with a shortcut icon on the desktop. Whenever I update the database, I copy it only to an external drive which I keep as a backup. I keep overwriting any existing database on the external drive as I update them.

bert

27-Mar-2012 16:52

Indeed: [name].fil + [name].fmt = Cardbox Database.
then "do I have to tell it where to look or will it know automatically ":
If you close the program Cardbox **without first closing the database window**, Cardbox will start up with the last used (database)window again using file <my documents>\Cardbox\cardbox.cbw. This file is automatic created/updated by Cardbox unless you changed that.
Regards
Bert

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home