Home

Cardbox Talk

CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "missing data from cardbox when updating records"

missing data from cardbox when updating records

changed record data not appearing after updating cardbox records after closing cardbox

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

booookman

14-Nov-2009 23:08

Hi,

I'm using Cardbox Professional v.3.0 build 4245 and running Windows XP and have used cardbox since the earliest ms-dos version.

For the last week I've been doing a stocktake and have updated about 3,000 records from a database that has about 80,000 records and have used a macro to update and put two identifying alphabetic words into one of the fields and these updates were done one record at a time. For the last week all the changes made have shown up correctly.

Yesterday I shut down my computer as I've done a number of times in the last week and also closed the cardbox file. However when I opened up the cardbox file later that day, the original records that I changed are there as many of them were entered years ago, but it's not showing the extra information that I included and updated.

What has cardbox done to the extra information that I entered? Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? or know why it happened in the first place - I'm hoping that it's simple operator error, not a technical issue.

Thanks for your help,
Ivor.

booookman

15-Nov-2009 00:14

Hi again,
All is going ok again now. I clicked on the .cbs cardbox file and then clicked on the cardbox .fil itself after and the file with all the updates opened up correctly and is working - what a relief not to have to do a weeks' work again.
It does appear to be operator error as I discoverd that there are a number of older backup copies of this same file in different directories and I guess the cardbox pointers or registry got confused and opened one of the old files instead.
I think this is what happened? - if it's a technical issue instead, please let me know.
Thanks,
Ivor.

bert

15-Nov-2009 00:30

Hi,
Great it is solved. But why you do not install latest build of Cardbox. 4245 is from late 2006!
Many improvements are implemented. Strongly recommended!
Regards
bert

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home