Importing text into cardbox

Can we impot text from word into Cardbox

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

Alpha

8-Jan-2009 14:42

Hi all,

I have a user who wishes to import a word document into a Cardbox Format, the reason for this is he does not really want to have to type line by line of text into Cardbox, when he could insert the lot in one go?

Any ideas

Charles Welling

9-Jan-2009 06:52

Juan asked a similar question on 8th September 2008. I sincerely hope that your user is familiar with Windows basics. Has he ever heard of copy and paste?

Alpha

9-Jan-2009 12:22

Charles, I may be acting a bit simple, but where would he copy and paste it to? Do we need to simply create a blank field large enough to accomodate the text he wants to bring in?

Charles Welling

9-Jan-2009 19:42

Your user would copy the text in Word and then paste it into the Cardbox field of his choice. Any text field will do, but if this user wants a new field for his text: fine. Just add a field to the database, which is always blank of course until something is put into it.

Cardbox fields are not large or small, they only look that way on the screen. The size of fields on the screens may vary for practical reasons, but any field can contain practically unlimited amounts of texts, no matter how small it looks.

Juan

19-Jan-2009 11:53

"Cardbox fields are not large or small, they only look that way on the screen. The size of fields on the screens may vary for practical reasons, but any field can contain practically unlimited amounts of texts, no matter how small it looks."

That is an interesting comment. True of course, but I have found that the scroll bar will not go down beyond the size of the field and that to see the text I have to double click the field as if to edit the field and then scroll through the text.

bert

19-Jan-2009 12:24

Hi,
Ever tried to use you wheel on your mouse on a field which contains more text than visible?

Regards

Bert
(who still misses the some years ago annouced scroll-bars....)

Charles Welling

19-Jan-2009 12:43

Or, if you don't have a wheel on your mouse (but who hasn't?) you can drag the text in the field up and down using your mouse pointer. Keep an eye on the yellow triangles, they show you where you are in the field: at the top, in the middle or at the end.

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home