Home

Cardbox Talk

CardboxForumsCardbox Talk > "Exporting Records"

Exporting Records

Is there a simple way to export a Cardbox record into any other format other than Notepad?

Current user: [none]
Register / Log In · Help

Posted By Post

Alpha

6-Jan-2009 16:56

Happy New Year to all

Is there a simple way to export a Cardbox record into any other format other than Notepad?

Really i want to be able to export a record into PDF for example, and keep the way the format looks with all the boxes etc i have created into a PDF format so i can email it to a client.

I am aware of the email facility within Cardbox, however it only exports into a notepad format

Thanks in advance

bert

6-Jan-2009 17:38

Alpha,

Install a free PDF printerdriver in your Windows system. PrimoPDF b.e. In my experience is that one of the best free PDF printers. Other will give advertising or other boaring limitations.

If installed: you will be will be able to print from Cardbox or all other applications to the PDF file in whatever format you want...!
Success,
Bert

Juan

6-Jan-2009 18:28

Just to add that I use "doPDF" and it works well for me also. In case this helps.
John

bert

6-Jan-2009 19:47

John,

The free DoDPF does not work in a RemoteDesktop situation. That is why I switched...
Regards
Bert

Juan

7-Jan-2009 13:14

Hello Bert,
What is a Remote Desk situation please.
Always willing to learn.
Regards
John

bert

7-Jan-2009 15:38

John,
Remote Desktop is a Win XP Pro + Vista Business "program" that can take over the screen, mouse and keyboard of a remote computer. It seems that the remote computer is your pc then. Really a fine feature. One of the first look-like programs in the DOS area was PC-Anywhere (still exists as Windows version).
If the remote computer is not a PRO version of Windows XP/Vista or Win2K or lower, you can also download freeware to get less or more the same functionality. VNC b.e. (freeware) is also used in professional situations.

If on the remote computer doPDF is installed, and you want to use this on the remote computer, a message of doPDF appears that it does not work when a Remote Desktop session is active.
Regards
Bert

Juan

7-Jan-2009 18:26

Thank you Bert. Great as ever.
Yes I am familiar with PC Anywhere. I had not heard the expression Remote Desktop. Should have guessed, makes sense.
Thanks again.

Alpha

8-Jan-2009 14:40

To all of you Thanks, great help as normal

Quick Reply

Please log in or register before trying to post a reply.

© 2010 Cardbox Software Limited   Home