This email applies only to users of the Professional Edition of Cardbox. If you are using the Home Edition of Cardbox then there have been no significant changes to your software.
The latest build of Cardbox (Build 4236 of Cardbox, Build 138 of the Cardbox Server) has two new features:
1. The Cardbox Server can now do automated backups at specified intervals. You can use the Cardbox Server control to say how often backups should be done and where the backup copies should be written. For more information, open the Cardbox Server control, select the Backup page, and press F1 for online help.
2. Support for Amazon S3. S3 is a new Internet-based storage service from Amazon. It provides unlimited, fast, secure storage of data, and you pay only for what you use.
- The Cardbox Server can do automated backups to your S3 space.
- Cardbox can upload, download, and delete files in your S3 space.
- Cardbox macros can upload, download, and delete files in your S3 space.
http://www.cardbox.com/downloading/updates.htm - to download the latest software.
http://www.cardbox.com/support/clientHistory.htm - for more information about the new Cardbox facilities.
http://www.cardbox.com/support/serverHistory.htm - for more information about the new Cardbox Server facilities.
http://aws.amazon.com/s3 - for more information about Amazon S3 (and to sign up for the service).
http://cardbox.wordpress.com/2006/06/13/amazon-s3-and-cardbox/ - for a more informal description of how Cardbox works with Amazon S3.